NZ House Surveys Central Otago is your premium pre-purchase inspection company for Queenstown, Wanaka, and the wider Otago-lakes district.
Our pre-purchase inspections include:
• Our company sends 2 inspectors to site – for the following reasons:
1. 4 eyes are better than 2
2. Increased accuracy in identifying leaks in timber sub floors
3. Our privacy and protection
4. Occupational safety and health
• Typical inspections take 2 – 3 man hours ensuring no stone is left unturned, and that our clients get a detailed and thorough report.
• The subfloor inspection covers: ground condition, services (plumbing & electrical), ventilation to subfloor, piles, bearers, joists, flooring, insulation, pile connections, etc.
• Internal inspection covers level of floor, testing of electrical points for reverse polarity and faulty earths, full moisture check using non-invasive dielectric moisture machine (around external windows and doors – and showers / wet areas), testing of heaters, range hoods, waste disposers, etc.; checking of fixtures, doors, windows, hardware, taps, vanities, toilets, hot water cylinders, borer, etc. (please note we do not test dishwashers due to long wash cycles).
• Roof space includes: insulation, presence of vermin, check underside of roof for leaks, electrical, plumbing, testing any DVS / air systems, ensure ventilation from bathrooms and range hoods is ducted externally, etc.
• Roof includes: general condition of roof, fixings, gutters (including internal gutters), chimneys, flues, valleys, etc.
• Exterior inspection includes: checking cladding/s, soffits, fascia and barge boards, windows, flashings, gulley traps, hose taps, decking, stairs / steps, downpipes, etc.
• Lastly we check and report on the general condition of services, fencing, clothesline, any outbuildings and accessory sheds, etc.
We also offer meth testing, asbestos surveys and sampling, condition reports, moisture and weather-tightness reports and Safe and Sanitary reports.
Call our team today on 0800 487 884 to find out more