NZ House Surveys covers the wider Wellington area, offering comprehensive and thorough building reports.
Our pre-purchase inspections include:
• Our company sends 2 inspectors to site – for the following reasons:
1. 4 eyes are better than 2
2. Increased accuracy in identifying leaks in timber subfloors
3. Our privacy and protection
4. Occupational safety and health
• Typical inspections take 2 – 3 man hours ensuring no stone is left unturned, and that our clients get a detailed and thorough report.
• The subfloor inspection covers: ground condition, services (plumbing & electrical), ventilation to the subfloor, piles, bearers, joists, flooring, insulation, pile connections, etc.
• Internal inspection covers level of floor, testing of electrical points for reverse polarity and faulty earths, full moisture check using non-invasive dielectric moisture machine (around external windows and doors – and showers / wet areas), testing of heaters, range hoods, waste disposers, etc.; checking of fixtures, doors, windows, hardware, taps, vanities, toilets, hot water cylinders, Borer, etc. (please note we do not test dishwashers due to long wash cycles).
• Roof space includes: insulation, the presence of vermin, check the underside of the roof for leaks, electrical, plumbing, sighting any DVS / air systems, ensure ventilation from bathrooms and range hoods is ducted externally, etc.
• Roof includes: general condition of the roof, fixings, gutters (including internal gutters), chimneys, flues, valleys, etc.
• Exterior inspection includes: checking cladding/s, soffits, fascia and barge boards, windows, flashings, gulley traps, hose taps, decking, stairs/steps, downpipes, etc.
• Lastly, we check and report on the general condition of services, fencing, clothesline, any outbuildings and accessory sheds, etc.
We also offer meth testing, asbestos surveys and samples, moisture and weather-tightness reports, condition reports, and safe and sanitary reports.
Call our team today on 0800 487 884 to find our more